Inert Gas Blanketing Systems
Inert Gas Blanketing Systems are self-regulated systems used when a thermal fluid is operated at elevated temperatures or when an expansion tank is not at the highest point in the overall piping system.
Placing an Inert Gas Blanketing System on an expansion or thermal absorption tank can improve the life of thermal fluid and of the heat transfer equipment. Blanketed systems can significantly reduce the rates of thermal fluid oxidation and can improve process performance through improved fluid condition.
HEAT offers four distinct levels of customization, ranging from minimal customization to fully built-to-specification designs. Each unique system undergoes a Factory Acceptance Test in accordance with HEAT standard practice prior to shipment.
- Reduce Oxidation of the Thermal Fluid
- Reduce Corrosion of the Expansion or Thermal Absorption Tank
- Improve Life Expectancy of the Thermal Fluid and Heat Transfer Equipment
- Overcome Static Fluid Pressure Issues
- Overcome Low Fluid Vaporization Temperatures
- 4 Levels of Customization
- Indoor/Outdoor Installation
- Carbon Steel and Stainless-Steel Construction Available
- Self-Regulating Design with Adjustable Setpoint
- Pressure Regulator on the Inlet
- Back Pressure Regulator on Discharge
- Safety Relief Valve
- Seller Standard or Custom Paint Colors
- MINIMAL - CATEGORY 1: REFERENCE ONLY
- Drawings are supplied for reference as our engineering team completes the design and your system is fabricated
- MODERATE - CATEGORY 2: DRAWING APPROVAL
- Drawings are sent for your approval before fabrication begins
- HIGH - CATEGORY 3: FULL APPROVAL
- High level of input into drawings and components, with approval at every phase
- COMPLETE - CATEGORY 4: BUILT-TO-SPECIFICATION AND FULL APPROVAL
- Complete input to meet your plant specifications, required submittal documentation, and/or preferred brand of components. Approval at every phase.
HEAT UNIVERSITY | How to Set the Regulators on an Inert Gas Blanketing System
Contact Our Experts
Our expert sales engineers can help you find the right custom temperature control equipment for your application.
*denotes a required field.