Custom Engineered Industrial Direct Inject Heating
Custom Engineered Direct Injection Temperature Control Systems. Tap into existing plant hot water or glycol to inject energy and meet the demands of your process operation.
DIW Series Custom-Engineered Industrial Direct Water/Water-Glycol Heating Systems offer Safe Reliable Performance in an industrial-grade system that takes advantage of your facility’s central heat source to precisely control temperatures in a specific secondary sub-loop of your process using the direct injection of water/water-glycol.
For use with available existing water/water-glycol central heating sources, DIW Series Temperature Control Units offer a better alternative for applications that require flow rates higher than available from the central system or that require precise temperature control and/or heating and cooling. DIW Series Systems are for use with available existing water/water-glycol central heating sources, with maximum operating temperatures up to 400°F, up to 600 Volt, 3-Phase, 50/60 Hz power capabilities, and heating capacities of up to 5 MM Btu/Hr. If an existing water/water-glycol central heating source is not available, combine with one of HEAT’s WG Series or GFW Series water/water-glycol systems to provide the necessary heating capacity needed.
Our engineering team will work with you to design a system based on your unique process or application. DIW Series systems typically include a Circulating Pump, Heating Circuit, Cooling Circuit, Expansion Tank, and Control Panel. These units are constructed with all-welded Carbon Steel or Stainless-Steel wetted materials, insulated with Non-Wicking Cellular Glass, Fiberglass, Rubber and Mineral Wool Insulation, and assembled on a drip-proof, seal-welded plate-and-channel fluid containment base.
HEAT offers four distinct levels of customization, ranging from minimal customization to fully built-to-specification designs. Each unique system undergoes a Factory Acceptance Test in accordance with HEAT standard practice prior to shipment.
MEET THE DIW SERIES:
- Maximum Operating Temperatures up to 400°F
- Direct Inject Water/Water-Glycol Heating
- Heating Capacities Up to 10MM Btu/hr. and Higher
- Up to 600 VAC, 3-Phase, 50/60Hz Power Capabilities
- General Purpose and Hazardous Area Designs
- Design Temperatures of 200°F, 240°F, 300°F, and 400°F
- 4 Levels of Customization
- Indoor/Outdoor installation
- Heat Only & Heat/Cool Designs Available
- Uses water/water-glycol from a central fluid system as a heat source
- Seller standard or Custom Paint Colors
- Centrifugal style
- Mechanical seal design
- Single and dual pump configurations
- Direct inject water/water-glycol from an external central fluid system
- Heat Input controlled by a Proportional Control Valve
- Integral and modular designs
- TEMA / ASME exchanger designs available
- Air-to-Water, Water-to-Water, and Direct Inject cooling options available
- Proportional and on/off control
- NPT, Welded and flanged construction
- Carbon steel and stainless steel available
- ASME B31 Piping Materials
- Skid mounted and remote mounted control panels
- Digital PID Temperature Control or Remote Operation Control
- Configurations for external control from PLC, DCS or other external control
- NEMA 4, NEMA 4X, NEMA 12, NEMA 7, Class I, Division I and Class I, Division 2
- ASME U/UM, ASME B31.3, CRN, TEMA
- NFP70, NFPA 79, NEC, UL, cUL, CSA
- MINIMAL - CATEGORY 1: REFERENCE ONLY
- Drawings are supplied for reference as our engineering team completes the design and your system is fabricated
- MODERATE - CATEGORY 2: DRAWING APPROVAL
- Drawings are sent for your approval before fabrication begins
- HIGH - CATEGORY 3: FULL APPROVAL
- High level of input into drawings and components, with approval at every phase
- COMPLETE - CATEGORY 4: BUILT-TO-SPECIFICATION AND FULL APPROVAL
- Complete input to meet your plant specifications, required submittal documentation, and/or preferred brand of components. Approval at every phase.
Heat Systems: Safe by Design
Learn more about our Standard Design Practices for Custom-Engineered Hot Water/Water-Glycol SystemsLearn More
Contact Our Experts
Our expert sales engineers can help you find the right custom temperature control equipment for your application.
*denotes a required field.